Shadows of The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Friends

3 posters

Go down

Old Friends Empty Old Friends

Post  Henry Chamberlain Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:01 pm

“Brandon,” Henry beamed as he shook his old friend’s hand. “I can’t tell you how surprised I was to get your call, that you were back in Springfield already…and you wanted to meet here. I assume this means Alexandra knows you’re back among the living.”
Henry Chamberlain
Henry Chamberlain

Back to top Go down

Old Friends Empty Re: Old Friends

Post  Brandon Spaulding Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:03 pm

“I’d surprised if the explosion wasn’t heard for miles around,” Brandon chuckled. “Of course Alexandra had the troops rallied around her to try and intimidate me into retreating from my own home with my tail between my legs.”
Brandon Spaulding
Brandon Spaulding
Admin

https://guiding-light-rpg.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Henry Chamberlain Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:04 pm

“I can only imagine how well that went,” Henry responded as the two men sat down. “I know you had the best of intentions coming back here. Remember, I was with you at the retreat when you were planning your grand return home. Alexandra can be rather hardheaded, a trait she inherited from her father no doubt. You knew facing her again after all this time wouldn’t be easy. But might I say, it took a lot of courage for you to do it.”
Henry Chamberlain
Henry Chamberlain

Back to top Go down

Post  Brandon Spaulding Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:06 pm

“I suppose the situation could’ve been handled better,” Brandon nodded. “If only I’d been treated with an ounce of decency at any time, things wouldn’t have gotten so out of hand. I threatened to have the trust dissolved that governs the estate and take back 100% ownership. I made sure I had every legal right to do so when I set the blasted thing up.”
Brandon Spaulding
Brandon Spaulding
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Henry Chamberlain Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:09 pm

“But you wouldn’t really…” Henry looked on with an air of curiosity.
Henry Chamberlain
Henry Chamberlain

Back to top Go down

Post  Brandon Spaulding Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:19 pm

“Dissolve the trust?” Brandon raised an eyebrow. “Perhaps...if my family continues to press the issue. I’m not accustomed to anyone attempting to eject me from my own property. They’d all be welcome to continue living there, of course. But I’d expect to be treated with the respect due me.”

Brandon paused to reflect upon the sad state of the Spaulding dynasty.

“Perhaps I was too generous. Rather than being grateful for all I had given them, my children developed a sense of entitlement, expecting the world to be handed to them on a silver platter.”
Brandon Spaulding
Brandon Spaulding
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Henry Chamberlain Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:21 pm

“I understand how you feel,” Henry nodded. “I spoiled Vanessa rotten. She wasn’t always as grateful as she should be for what was handed to her. But I always knew she loved me. I’m sure your family is no different. They’re afraid of losing you again, so they push you away.”
Henry Chamberlain
Henry Chamberlain

Back to top Go down

Post  Brandon Spaulding Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:13 pm

"One positive thing has come out of all this," Brandon thoughtfully smiled. "My grandsons have shown a hint of a backbone. Their attempted intimidation of me was feeble at best. I am not easily frightened, as you well know. But it took courage for them to try."

Brandon paused as the smile began to fade from his lips.

"Perhaps if they both hadn't been coddled by their mothers, they would be better able to lead this family into the next generation. There would've been no need for my return from the grave. I often warned Alan of the need to instill the proper level of discipline in his children. Their hatred of me will make them strong...make them into proper Spauldings, just as it did for their father all those years ago.
Brandon Spaulding
Brandon Spaulding
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Henry Chamberlain Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:49 pm

"I know the future of the Spaulding family has been preying greatly on your mind," Henry smiled reassuringly. "We'll often go to great lengths to ensure our loved ones are well provided for."
Henry Chamberlain
Henry Chamberlain

Back to top Go down

Post  H.B. Lewis Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:42 pm

"Hiya Brandon!" H.B. exclaimed as he entered the room. "Your house girl let me in. A pretty little filly. Must make movin' back in a heap more pleasurable."

H.B.'s face broke out into a huge grin as he turned to face Henry.

"Why Henry...I didn't notice you sittin' there. Come to admire Brandon's house girl too, did ya? You always was a rascal!"
H.B. Lewis
H.B. Lewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Henry Chamberlain Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:53 pm

"H.B.," Henry's eyes lit up. "That girl is young enough to be my gr.....mmmm.....neice."
Henry Chamberlain
Henry Chamberlain

Back to top Go down

Post  Brandon Spaulding Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:56 pm

"Please," Brandon motioned toward the nearby sofa. "Join us."
Brandon Spaulding
Brandon Spaulding
Admin

Back to top Go down